Training Log September 2012
Early September was still very much a holiday month and the second half has been dominated by getting used to new institutions for the kids. As a result the total training time for September is still far from that of July, but still much closer to what I’d like it to be. In fact at about 13 hours it’s up there with some of the training months I put in leading up to Challenge Aarhus 2011.
The image to the right is of Vejle Fjord Broen. Actually it fits my last post better, as that’s exactly where we crossed the Fjord back in August. Good memories from that race, though. I’ll be doing another post on that topic…
Here’s the full status from September with a few thoughts for October:
- Swimming : Lot less swimming done. Seems I haven’t lost or won any speed. Following an early-October VO2 maxtest the focus is now on building base condition;
- Running: Injured. Ended up giving my right calf a rest in September. Haven’t been running since Septemer 20th and physio and a exercises are both in the works. The plan for October so far is: No runs!
- Bike: Pretty happy about my bike progress. Had a Retül bike fit – something I’ll elaborate on in another post. In October the bike trainings will move indoor on the home trainer – it’s getting too wet and cold outside. More on the home trainer setup at a later stage.
- Total duration: 26 hours, 6 minutes trained – up from 14 hours, 28 minutes in September;
- 8 workouts – up from 5 in August;
- Total duration: 6 hours , 38 minutes – up from 2 hours, 27 minutes in September;
- SWOLF score stabilized completely at 40 – no improvement;
- Average pace: Stuck just above 1:50/100m;
- Total distance: 18,97km – up from 7,15km in August.
- 4 workouts – up from 2 workouts in August;
- Total duration: 6 hours, 41 minutes – down from 3 hours, 20 minutes in August;
- Average speed: 29,54 km/h – down from 30,83 km/h in August;
- Total distance: 197 km – up from 103 km in August.
- 10 workouts – down from 11 workouts in August;
- Total duration: 5 hours, 19 minutes – down from 6 hours, 35 minutes in August;
- Average pace: 5:54 min/km – down from 5:32 min/km in August;
- Total distance: 54,18 km – down from 71,43 km in August.
More numbers next month…