As I write this on the evening of October it’s Halloween. Good month, October! All racing is now done and dusted for 2012. There are no more races to even consider going to – not that I did any other than the swim across the fjord in Vejle.
It’s a good thing – focus can now go thoroughly to 2013.
There were no holidays in October either, which had an immediate effect on training time. In fact the time trained makes October 2012 the month that I’ve been able to train the most only second to March 2011.
So with no further ado, here are the highs and lows from October:
- Swimming: Cranked up the volume on the swimming again. Didn’t improve at all in terms of speed. The distance per session, however, has gone up drastically, so the average speed is the same, but it’s maintained for much longer. Plus!
- Cycling: Had a few days of unexpected summer and moved outside. Besides that though I’ve moved inside on the home trainer. That setup is working well and not quite the motivational issue I expected it to be. Every session is roughly 2 hours in heart rate zone 1. Feels very good so far!
- Running: Injury is still there, but have done some good work with the physio. Right now, the sessions can be up to 30 minutes at about 6min/km pace. I’m not going out and crushing it, but at least I’m going out running!! Happy about that and hope I can build on that !
For those who care, here are the numbers from September:
- Total duration: 26hours, 6 minutes trained – up from 14 hours, 28 minutes in September;
- 8 workouts – up from 5 in September;
- Total duration: 6 hours, 38 minutes – up from 2 hours, 27 minutes in September;
- SWOLF score stabilized completely at 40 – no improvement;
- Average pace: Stuck just above 1:50/100m;
- Total distance: 18,97km – up from 7,15km in September.
- 11 workouts – up from 4 workouts in September – combination of 8 home trainer sessions and 3 rides outside;
- Total duration: 17 hours, 46 minutes – up from 6 hours, 41 minutes in September;
- Average speed: 29,60 km/h – up from 29,54 km/h in September – no speed measured in home trainer sessions;
- Total distance: 135km – down from 197km in September.
- 4 sessions – down from 10 sessions in September;
- Total duration: 1 hours, 41 minutes – down from 5 hours, 19 minutes in September;
- Average pace: 5:32 min/km – improved from 5:54 min/km in September;
- Total distance: 18,28 km – down from 54,18 km in September.
More numbers next month…